This affordable bipod from UTG Tactical OPS is the perfect solution for occasional long-range shooters who want the option of bipod-supported firing without the cost. It has everything you’d like to see in a bipod, including a very stable frame, adjustable legs, and full-circle panning. Some of the features of this model include:
- Fully adjustable legs can be lengthened or shortened with just the turn of a screw
- Aluminum construction with a machined steel rail receiver
- 360-degree panning capability
- External tension springs are easy to service
- Picatinny mount with a swivel stud adapter for use with hunting rifles
- Rubberized stand for added stability
- Quick retraction stud makes this model easy to fold up
- Weighs 11.6 ounces
The fact is, UTG includes options that you’d expect to see on much more expensive bipods, and that makes this an incredible value. The adjustable legs are very convenient, and they stay nicely in place with the smooth, positive-torque thumbscrew.
Another standout option is the fact that this tactical bipod includes an adapter for use with swivel-stud threads, something that’s commonly found on many .30-06 hunting rifles. That means that even if you don’t do much distance shooting with your AR, having this cheap bipod around the house could still be very useful.
At the end of the day, most people who use bipods on a regular basis have already paid for a more expensive model. But if you’d like to flexibility to be able to go to the range every once in awhile and shoot supported at long-distance, and you care more about functionality and price than you do about sleek styling, then this is the perfect cheap bipod to have on hand.
Want more Gear Review? Check out these posts: